Fiverr is another great freelancing website that allows freelancers to offer their services at a price starting from $5 and earn 80% of the returns. The word Fiverr comes from the number, ‘Five.’
HOW DOES FIVERR WORK?
As a freelancer, you offer the services you are going to do, for instance:
- I will write a 500 words SEO article for $5
- I will design a great website for you for $100
- I will be your virtual assistant at $15 per day
- I will be your social media manager at $70 per week
- I will write a killer 10000 nonfiction eBook starting at $300
- I will do a scientific research on any niche
- I will write great blog posts and deliver within 24 hours
- I will Write a moving love poem for your lover
- I will write and design great greeting cards for you
When it comes to Fiverr, your freelancing world is unlimited. It is only up to you to open your eyes wide enough to see and grab the opportunities.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF FIVERR IS FOR YOU AS A FREELANCER?
Fiverr is for you if you are a freelance:
- Content creator
- Website designer
- Logo designer
- Social media manager
- Virtual assistant
- Books reviewer
- etc etc
STARTING OFF ON FIVERR
Now that you have decided to take your freelancing services to another level, the first step is to head to Fiverr and create an account. Unlike Freelancer, you do not have to pay to be a member or to access unlimited bids.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
To create an account, you will need an email, username and password. Alternatively, you can also sign up with Facebook or Google.
Now Click Here to Create Your Account
NB: Choose your username appropriately. You can use a combination of your names, or better still come up with something related to the Services you will be offering. Personally, I offer ghostwriting services. That is, I write eBooks for my clients and they take all the rights. So I used ‘ebooksexpert‘ as my username
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
Your profile is like a branding page for your profile. Choose a great tagline for your profile:
- Excellent article writing that converts
- You deserve the best, I deliver nothing less!… That’s actually my tagline
Also remember to write an elaborate bio, explaining your capability, experience and motivation:
Here is what my bio says:
Hi, I am a proficient eBooks writer with a keen interest on Non-fiction category. I also write insightful How-to articles that wows your readers. Being a published amazon kindle author and an avid blogger , you can be rest assured of quality service. And yeah, I love seeing people win!
The simple rule towards a successful bio is simplicity, brevity and informative nature Also update the other sections of your profile. These include education, skills, work experience and portfolio NOW CREATE YOUR FIRST GIG
To create a Gig, Login to your account, click Selling > Gigs Click ADD A NEW GIG.Note: If this is your first time creating a Gig, click Selling > Start Selling, fill out your seller profile, and then proceed to creating your Gig.Gigs, are basically services which you are going to offer. To create a gig, you need to go through 5 steps:
FIVE STEPS TO CREATE YOUR FIRST GIG ON FIVERR
STEP 1: OVERVIEW
- In the GIG TITLE field, write a title up to 80 characters.Your title should be short, clear, and to the point.
- In the CATEGORY drop-down menu, select the appropriate category and then subcategory for your Gig.
- In the SERVICE TYPE drop-down menu, choose a service type to ensure you appear in the search results related to the category you selected.Note: This feature is only available for certain categories.
- In the GIG METADATA area, select the relevant criteria for each topic.Note: This feature is only available for certain categories.
- In the TAGS field, add a minimum of three words or phrases, which best describe your Gig.
- Click Save & Continue.
STEP 2: SCOPE AND PRICING
- In the Name your package area, write a brief title for the service you are offering.
- Describe the details of your offering in the area provided.
- In the Delivery Time drop-down menu, select the number of days it will take for you to complete your Gig.
- Select the various items you would like to include in your service. This depends on the type of service you are offering. For example, if you are offering logo design services, you can select from a predefined list of items, such as number of logos to include, In including the source file, or including a high resolution file.
- In the Revisions drop-down menu, select the number of revisions you include in your Gig.
- the Price drop-down menu, select a price for your service (ranging from $5 to $995).
Click Save & Continue.
STEP 3: DESCRIPTION & FAQ
- In the Description field, briefly describe your Gig (up to 1,200 characters). Be as detailed as possible so buyers will be able to understand if this meets their needs.Note: Do not add urls or any links in your description or you profile, unless it falls under the approved list.
- In the Frequently Asked Questions area, click Add FAQ.Note: Here you can add answers to the most commonly asked questions. Your FAQs will be displayed in your Gig page.
- Add a question you think buyers may ask, and then write your answer.
- Click Add.
- When finished adding your FAQs, click Save & Continue.
STEP 4: REQUIREMENTS
Tell your buyer what you need to start the order. You can define instructions for your buyer as free text, a multiple choice question, or a file upload.
- In the REQUIREMENT #1 field, enter the details of your requirement.
- In the Answer Type field, select either Free Text, Multiple Answer, or Attached File.Note: If you select Multiple Answer, answer fields will be displayed. Fill out the multiple choice answers you want the buyer to select. You also have the option to allow more than one answer.
- If you require the buyer to provide the information you selected, mark the Answer is mandatory checkbox.
- Click Add. This allows you to add another requirement
- When finished defining your buyer requirements, click Save & Continue.
STEP 5: GALLERY
To make your gigs stand out from the noise, you need to add great visually captivating and relevant photos. Follow the steps below to get started
- In the Gig Photos area, drag an image or click Browse and select an image.Upload photos, which describe or relate to your Gig. You may upload up to three images. The photos can be samples of your work.Do not use copyrighted images otherwise your Gig won’t be approved.
- In the Gig Video area, drag a video or click Browse and select a video.Note: This field is optional. We recommend that you mention your services are offered exclusively on Fiverr. Make sure your video is no longer than one minute.
- In the Gig PDF area, drag a PDF or click Browse and select a PDF. You may upload up to two PDF files.Note: This field is optional. Only the first three pages of your PDF will be displayed.
- Click Save & Continue.
STEP 6: PUBLISH YOUR GIG
Publishing and Promoting Your Gig
- Click Publish Gig.You will see various social networks in which you can promote your Gig. To promote your Gig, just click an icon and fill out the details.
- Click Done.
Note: If your Gig contains a video, its status will be pending until your Gig video is reviewed. If your Gig does not contain a video, it will be labeled Active.
You Can Also Grab My Video Tutorial To Get Started Selling On Fiverr The Right Way… Click the image below