What’s your business: Are you selling a subscription service or a membership?
HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS AFTER THE FIRST SALE WILL DETERMINE IF THEY WILL LOVE YOU OR MEEH!
Having customer pay you monthly is the cool part about having a subscription service application but what happens when you want more?
By more, I mean this… If you rely on new customers every time to be able to make good bucks on your platform then you are pissing off on gold.
Don’t just run a subscription service
You charge them a fee, they get it. They use your platform like every other subscription they have and when they are tired, they close their account with you.
Baam!!! Customer lost.
But but!!! There is a better way.
Run your platform like a membership platform. I use the term membership because people have the tendency to belong and when they do they feel like part of a tribe and this makes it harder for them to want to leave.
Give them a reason to always expect to hear from you. Don’t leave in the dark, constantly remind them of your brand.
- Add them to group and forums that help them communicate with each other and don’t just leave them there. Give it a human touch. Be present in the group as the owner of the platform. Be a part of the discussion.
- Give them a reason to participate in discussions. Ask questions, create smart but fun polls.
- Send them emails, give them updates, ask them for features they will love to see and implement it into your system.
- Create webinars once a month if possible, have a discussion with them and sell.
- Give them a chance to make money off you… Yes everyone likes a good extra stream of income.
This is just a few surface tips from the strategy book of membership income scaling but these few points can change your business and put more profit in your pocket too.
The goal is to be sustainable and profitable at the same time.